Marvel Wine Coolers stand at the top of the list when it comes to high-end wine coolers. Discriminating consumers can be confident they are getting a superior product when they choose a Marvel Wine Cooler.
The cutting edge technology that goes into the engineering of a Marvel Wine Cooler is complimented by the equally impressive degree of craftmanship that goes into the finished cabinet. While the units are certainly priced higher than many competitor’s wine coolers, if you are able to afford it, Marvel is definitely the way to go for those who are serious about the wine storage needs.
Marvel was founded back in 1932 as a company that manufactured undercounter ice boxes. Soon after, electric refrigeration came into widespread use and Marvel quickly joined in, producing some of the finest luxury refrigeration products on the market.
Marvel grew through the years and focused on the luxury lifestyle and was instrumental in setting the trend for putting specialty refrigeration in rooms other than the kitchen. They designed the first all-black interior refrigeration unit which opened the door to designer colors to match the decor of any room.
Today, they provide undercounter wine storage and beverage units that can be customized in a wide range of designer colors, with wood accents or in the sleek appeal of stainless steel. Units feature a forced-air ventilation system with quiet but powerful compressors and microprocessor controlled thermostats.
General Info About Marvel Wine Coolers
Marvel Wine Coolers come in different sizes and different capacities. There are Dual Zone wine coolers that have two different sections with individually controllable thermostats. Wine goes in one section at a specific temperature for proper storage and the other section holds canned sodas, individual bottled waters and juices. There is a special cooler just for storing magnums of champagne and also able to accomodate other larger bottles of wine and champagne.
The designer style Chateau Collection and a Luxury Series of wine coolers feature a Sentry System that constantly monitors the temperature on a real time basis, making adjustments to maintain the optimal temperature conditions required for the preservation of the wine. As an indication of Marvel’s desire to keep up with all the trends in high end luxury, they have introduced a unit that combines a wine cooler with cigar storage.
All of the Marvel units come with many advanced features.
- Enhanced microprocessor technology provides excellent temperature control.
- An ultra-efficient compressor cools quickly, allows for optimal temperatures and is designed for years and years of steady use.
- A high efficiency fan motor should last a lifetime and the commercial condensor delivers more air flow.
- A special Vibration Neutralization System (VNS) which as its name suggests, protects the wine bottles from damage caused by vibration.
Following is a review of some of the individual units offerd by Marvel and the features specific to each.
This is an undercounter model designed to fit in a small space only fifteen inches wide.
- It can hold up to 24 bottles and comes with six slide out shelves.
- There is a cool blue LED display that shows the temperature in either the Fahrenheit or Celsius scale. Temperatures can be set between 40 and 65 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Elegant interior lighting illuminates your collection and can be set for continuous lighting with the touch of a button.
- A self closing door assures the wine will always be protected from outside temperatures.
- Model 3SWCE is available in monochromatic black or white as well as in a stainless steel finish.
- The door is made of argon-filled, dual paned, tinted UV-resistant glass surrounded by a frame that matches the rest of the unit.
This unit retails for about $1800.00 and is available for purchase both on or off-line.
This undercounter model offers the convenience of two separate temperature zones which is perfect for chilling both red and white wine which require slightly different temperatures to be at their absolute best when serving. Each of the two zones is monitored by Marvel’s patented Sentry System which constantly checks the temperature and adjusts the cooling to keep the wine bottles at the exact temperature.
- The unit measures 33 3/4″ High x 23 7/8″ Wide x 23 5/8″ Deep.
- It weighs 170 pounds empty and has 5.45 cubic feet of storage capacity.
- It can store up to 44 bottles, 24 in the upper zone and 20 in the lower zone.
- The interior has Marvel’s signature black finish and the outside is also black. Shelf facings and trim are in solid white maple and can also be ordered in stainless steel or ebony black.
- Interior lighting can be set on continuous mode or programmed to illuminate when the door is opened.
- The six glide-out wine racks fully extend when the door is opened to 90 degrees or more.
- A dual pane, tinted, UV-resistant glass front allows for easy viewing while also protecting the wine from any direct sunlight.
- A long bar handle from top to bottom makes for easy opening and closing (also features a self closing door) of the door.
- It has a low profile electric cord so you can nest the unit up close to the wall.
The unit retails for $1949 for the standard black framed version and $2199 if you choose stainless steel.
Designed to hold up to 15 champagne and other large circumference bottles, the Champagne Cellar has all of the options listed in the previous two models. It weighs in at 130 pounds and has three cubic feet of capacity.
The price of this model is about $2100.
This is one of the larger models available as it stands some a little over 5 1/2 feet tall and can hold 45 bottles in each of its two compartments. It retails for about $4500 and is ideal for those who have a fairly substantial collection of wines.
Finally, a quick mention about the Humidrawer which is a self-contained humidor drawer that is designed to fit in certain models of Marvel Wine Coolers. It is a perfect place for storing your cigars and combines your favorite wines with your favorite smokes all in one convenient place.